Second Thursdays at the Carter: Toasts & Tunes
Join us every second Thursday to connect with art through cocktails, conversations, and creativity. This month, enjoy an evening enhanced with art making and cocktails while listening to local musicians perform on our Porch.
Enjoy drinks on the Plaza. Carter members get one complimentary drink! Light bites are available for purchase at the Food Cart.
Make a unique work of art with Carter Community Artist Sarah Ayala, inspired by artworks on view. Supplies are limited to the first 200 people.
Watch the Mizzou New Music Ensemble perform six original compositions inspired by works in the Carter’s collection.
- Isabelle Borchardt, Contemporary American Creativity, inspired by Gabriel Dawe’s Plexus no. 34
- Ben Dawson, The Hunter’s Dream, inspired by Thomas Cole’s The Hunter’s Return and Albert Bierstadt’s Sunrise, Yosemite Valley
- Sam Whitty, Views from Above, inspired by works by Alexander Calder, Stuart Davis, Arthur Dove, Marsden Hartley, and Georgia O’Keeffe
- Gabe Evers, Precession, inspired by Mary Cassatt’s Woman Standing, Holding a Fan
- Sofia Fiorino, The Team, inspired by Anna Hyatt Huntington’s The Team
- Atticus Schlegel, New England Landscape II, inspired by George Morrison’s New England Landscape II
Experience a cocktail-themed tour of our collection with Carter educator Peggy Speir. We’ll learn about which artworks best embody popular cocktails. All of the cocktails will be available for purchase at the bar throughout the night.
Listen to Midnight Soul and dance on our Porch as the sun sets. Midnight Soul is a high energy party band that play hits from the 60s to today. Midnight Soul has an impressive lineup of seasoned musicians, including two powerhouse vocalists, five multi-talented instrumentalists, plus engaging choreography.
Questions? Email or call 817.989.5013.