Virtual Cocktails at the Carter: Arthur Dove
Enjoy happy hour from the comfort of your own screen via Facebook Live! We’ll start the program with a cocktail demonstration featuring local bar Tulips. The bartenders will show us how to make a unique cocktail based on Arthur Dove’s painting The Lobster. After we make our drinks, Carter Community Artist Brenda Ciardiello will lead us in creating a Fauvist-style still life inspired by the painting.
Limited cocktail and art-making kits are available for free for the first 50 registrants. All kits need to be picked up from the Carter; we will not ship supplies. Cocktail kits do not include alcohol; all participants will be required to supply their own alcohol. After registering, you will receive an email about supply kit pick-up.
Follow along with the ingredients and supplies listed below!
All participants must supply their own alcohol.
For this cocktail, you’ll need:
- Deep Eddy Cranberry Vodka (or another cranberry-flavored vodka)
- St Germain
Cocktail ingredients included in kits:
- Grapefruit juice
Still-Life supplies included in kits:
- Fabric for your background
- Paint (kits will include gouache, but watercolor will work, too!)
- Paint brush
- Watercolor paper (or any paper you have at home)
All participants will also need:
- 2 to 3 fruits, vegetables, or other food-related items to create a still life (like apples, citrus fruits, grapes, whole nuts, a plate with cheese, sliced cucumbers, a leafy lettuce, a pitcher, or a lobster if you have one handy!)
- Pencil & eraser
- Paper towels
- Non-absorbent plate to use as a palette
- Cup with water
- Painter’s tape or masking tape
- A small desk light to point at the still life (optional)
- Apron & work-area cover (optional)
Questions? Email or call 817.989.5013.