- 1915 Medium:
- Bronze Dimensions:
- 13 X 10 1/8 X 8 Accession Number:
- 1997.3.A Artwork Credits:
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Fort Worth, Texas, Purchase with funds from the Ruth Carter Stevenson Acquisitions Endowment
- What might be the benefits of using bronze to create a sculpture?
- What process might an artist follow in creating a bronze sculpture?
- How might artists be inspired both by art movements from the past and their own culture?
- How are sculptors influenced by the setting/surroundings of their subjects?
- How might artists convey emotion in a sculpture?
- How might art tell a story?
Suggested Activities (3rd–8th grade)
After discussing characters in a story. Think about the setting for this man and this story. What is the weather like? Where is he hunting? What is he hunting for? Write the setting for this story, if time allows build your writing out to be a short story.