Carter Community Artist Application
Applications for 2024 are now closed.
Selected Carter Community Artists must be able to successfully pass a background check as this position includes working with students in classroom and community center settings. Please note that employees of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art are ineligible for this opportunity.
To complete this application you will need:
- An artist bio (200 words or less)
- An artist statement (500 words or less)
- A statement of interest in becoming a Carter Community Artist (250 words or less)
- Description of your teaching experience (250 words or less)
- Description of your approach to teaching (250 words or less)
- An example of using artwork to teach OR description of special skills or teaching opportunities (250 words or less)
- Description of art forms (eg: visual, performing, literature) and mediums (eg: painting, writing, music, theater, dance, etc.) you are comfortable using to teach (200 words or less)
- Description of other interests you might incorporate into your teaching (250 words or less)
- Three samples of your work including, images (gif, jpg, jpeg, png), video (mov, mp4, wav), or audio (mp3, wav) less than 100MB each, titles, description (100 words or less)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For best results, please complete this form using either Chrome or Safari.
Form: Carter Community Artist application
* indicates a required field