Understory Flareups, Fourth of July Creek, Valley Road Wild Fire, Custer County, Idaho, 2005
- 2005 Medium:
- Dye coupler print Dimensions:
- 72 1/2 X 93 Accession Number:
- P2006.16 Artwork Credits:
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Fort Worth, Texas, Purchase with the assistance of the Stieglitz Circle of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art
- What role have landscapes played in art history? How has that role stayed the same or changed over time?
- What is the role of photography in the American landscape tradition?
- How is a photographic landscape different from other media?
- Are photographers uniquely able to draw viewers closer to dangerous or tense events? How and why?
- What is the importance of tension and danger in this photograph?