Team of Horses
- 1911 Medium:
- Pastel on paper fiberboard mounted to plywood Dimensions:
- 18 1/8 X 21 1/2 Accession Number:
- 1984.29 Artwork Credits:
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Fort Worth, Texas
- Why might artists take inspiration from the elements of nature?
- How might an artist convey dynamics of movement?
- Why might artists break rules of traditional art-making?
- How and why do artists change their style throughout their career?
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of working with soft pastels?
Suggested Activities (6th–12th grades)
Thinking about movement in the piece, create a sketch that moves the viewer throughout the page.