MediumOil on canvas
Dimensions22 1/4 X 18 1/4
Credit LineAmon Carter Museum of American Art, Fort Worth, Texas
- Why do artists create self-portraits?
- How do artists incorporate their identity into their artwork?
- What is the difference between a traditional and non-traditional portrait?
- How has the purpose, media, and style of self-portraits changed and/or stayed the same throughout time?
- How are artists’ self-portraits influenced by each other?
Suggested Activities (any grade)
Provide a demonstration on how to create portraits. Students can practice eyes, noses, mouths, heads, etc., or practice drawing a complete portrait.