To help make the most of your visit to the Amon Carter, the museum offers a variety of programs and in-gallery experiences for all audiences. There are a number of ways to enhance your visit listed below. Be sure to check out the museum’s calendar to find other events and opportunities.
Ask about Art Carts
These interactive art carts are in the galleries on select weekday and weekend afternoons. Take a closer look at the types of tools artists use when making prints and photographs, while looking at artworks on the view. Call the Information Desk at 817.989.5005 to find out when they are in operation.
Art Adventure Kit
Children and their adults are invited to stop by the Information Desk to check out a free activity bag. Use it in the galleries to interact with four different artworks in the museum’s collection.
Enjoy the Galleries
- The art is for all ages to enjoy!
- Look for pullouts and interactive tools to help connect with the art.
- Please do not touch the artworks. Touching them can damage their surface. One of the most important duties of our Gallery Attendants is to remind visitors to keep a safe distance from all works of art.
- Booklets with large print labels for all works of art on view are located in holders on the gallery walls. Booklets with dyslexia font labels are available in the permanent collection paintings and sculpture galleries at the same locations. Please use the booklets in the galleries and return them to the holders when you are finished.
- If you need a break while exploring the galleries, seating is available on both floors.
- If you are visiting with children, look at the artworks that interest them. Sometimes it is helpful to select a theme to help keep attention focused.
Helpful Things to Know When Visiting the Museum with Your Family
- Restrooms, changing tables, and water fountains can be found on both floors. Changing tables are located in both the men’s and women’s bathrooms.
- Refreshments are allowed at the tables located directly outside of the Museum Store, where they are available for purchase. Please do not bring drinks or open food containers in the galleries.
- Guardians may wear a baby carrier on their front, side, or back in the museum.
- All floors are stroller accessible. The museum has free strollers to use on a first-come, first-served basis. Please stop by the Information Desk to borrow one.
- Mothers and guardians are welcome to nurse or bottle-feed anywhere in the museum. If you prefer a private location, ask at the Information Desk.
- The easiest access for those with strollers is through the doors on the Lancaster entrance on the museum’s south side. We also have an accessible lift by the staff entrance off of Camp Bowie Boulevard (the museum’s north side).
Family Loyalty Program
Get rewards for your family outing to the museum! Fill out this form, and five it to the Visitor Services Representative at the Information Desk during your next visit. (You may also pick up a form at the museum.) You will receive your personalized loyalty card right away. Then, bring your family to the museum’s many free programs or visit any time with your family! Remember to show your loyalty card at the Information Desk each time you visit, and every third visit you will earn prizes for your family. Adults must bring at least one child to the museum in order for the visit to count towards the Family Loyalty Program. Families may complete up to three loyalty cards.