All galleries offer barrier-free access. If you have questions about your visit, please contact the Visitor Experience Manager at email@example.com.
Directions and Parking
3501 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76107-2631
Free parking is available at the museum's lot located on Camp Bowie Boulevard.
A Cultural District map is available for further help locating parking locations.
Paid parking is available in the surface lots and Western Heritage Garage at the Will Rogers Memorial Center as shown in the map above. More information and a fee structure can be found on the City of Fort Worth's parking guide. On weekends, visitors may also park at no charge in the University of North Texas Health Science Center lot (on the northwest corner of Clifton Street and Camp Bowie Boulevard).
The Amon Carter has accessible parking and a barrier-free entrance on Lancaster Avenue. Wheelchairs and assistive listening devices are available for free use while at the museum.
Blue Star Museum
The Amon Carter Museum of American Art is honored to participate in the 2016 Blue Star Museums Program. Because admission is always free to the Amon Carter’s permanent collection and special exhibitions, active and retired military families will receive a complimentary souvenir collection catalogue during their museum visit between Memorial Day and Labor Day. To receive your gift, simply present your military ID to a Visitor Services Representative at the museum’s Information Desk. For more information about the Amon Carter’s participation in the Blue Star Museums Program, please contact Visitor Services at 817.989.5030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclement Weather Policy
If the museum closes or has a delayed opening due to inclement weather the museum will notify patrons on our website and on the museum’s social media accounts.
Things to Know When Visiting the Amon Carter
• For the safety of the art, please keep at least a twelve-inch distance from the artwork.
• The museum has free strollers and wheelchairs to use on a first-come, first-served basis. Please stop by the Information Desk to borrow one.
• Guardians may wear a baby carrier on their front, side, or back in the museum.
• Restrooms, changing tables, and water fountains can be found on both floors. Changing tables are located in both the men’s and women’s bathrooms.
• Hand-held still and video photography is permitted, but only of paintings and sculpture in the museum’s permanent collection, and only if there is not a “do not photograph" icon on the label. Photographs can be taken for personal, non-commercial use only. Tripods are prohibited.
• All bags and purses brought into the museum are subject to inspection.
• Bags and purses 11-by-15 inches or larger will be inspected by museum staff.
• Backpacks and camera bags 11-by-15 inches or larger must be checked; lockers are available for free. Please stop by the Information Desk for assistance.
• Tobacco use is not permitted in the museum or on the museum grounds. This includes chewing tobacco, cigarettes, cigars, dip, and snuff. Use of electronic cigarettes, pipes, water pipes, or any other nicotine delivery device is also prohibited.