Admission to the museum is free.
All galleries offer barrier-free access. If you have questions about your visit, please contact the Visitor Services Manager at email@example.com.
Directions and Parking
Free parking for museum visitors is available in the museum lot, which is east of the museum off Camp Bowie Boulevard. After 5 p.m. Monday-Friday and on weekends, visitors may also park at no charge in the University of North Texas Health Science Center lot (on the northwest corner of Clifton Street and Camp Bowie Boulevard). A Cultural District map is available for further help locating parking locations.
Paid parking is available in the surface lots and Western Heritage Garage at the Will Rogers Memorial Center. More information and a fee structure can be found on the City of Fort Worth's parking guide.
The Amon Carter has accessible parking and a barrier-free entrance on Lancaster Avenue. Wheelchairs and assistive listening devices are available for free use while at the museum.
Inclement Weather Policy
The museum closes for inclement weather if the Fort Worth Independent School District cancels classes. Visit fortworthisd.org to learn about the status of FWISD classes.
Things to Know When Visiting the Amon Carter
- All bags and purses brought into the museum are subject to inspection.
- Bags and purses 11-by-15 inches or larger will be inspected by security.
- Backpacks and camera bags 11-by-15 inches or larger must be checked; lockers are available for free rental in the coat-check area.
- Hand-held still and video photography is permitted, but only of paintings and sculpture in the museum’s permanent collection, and only if there is not a “do not photograph" icon on the label. Photographs can be taken for personal, non-commercial use only. Tripods are prohibited.
- Please keep children under the age of three in a stroller; strollers are available at the coat-check area. Children should be accompanied by an adult.
- For the safety of the art, please keep at least a twelve-inch distance from the artwork.