Complementing the museum’s art collection, the research library offers an extensive range of materials on American art, photography, and history from the early nineteenth century to the present. The library provides support to researchers at all levels interested in deepening their understanding of the country’s artistic heritage.
- Learn more about the library's collections
- View a selection of illustrated books
- View new books reports
- Library blog
Reading Room Services and Guidelines
- A librarian is available at the reading room reference desk during public hours to assist you.
- A photocopier is available for onsite researchers for the cost of fifteen cents per page. Microform copies cost thirty-five cents per page. Printouts from computer printouts are fifteen cents per page. Digital scanning to email or flash drive is free (please bring your own drive).
- Two computers are available for public use.
- Free Wi-Fi is available.
- Bags 11-by-15 inches or larger must be checked at security.
- Library and archives material may not be checked out.
- Museum staff is not permitted to give monetary appraisals or opinions on works of art.
- Visitors should not bring original artwork into the museum.