Provide assistance with museum events. The work schedule varies and may average five to twenty hours per week, with hours from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
· Assist with preparation and provide support during events including exhibition receptions, cultivation dinners, public programs, and corporate events as directed by the Museum Events Manager or Events Assistant. Must carry and maintain radio contact when on duty.
· Arrange tables, chairs, place settings, floral arrangements and event equipment.
· Assist with cleanup and breakdown after the event, mindful of the special nature of the art museum environment
· Maintain inventories of event supplies, table service, silver, linens and paper items.
· Assist with oversight of caterers and vendors on-site.
· Inform the Museum Events Assistant or Manager of any safety hazards or repairs necessary for event equipment.
· Assist with event-related cleaning requests.
· Submit hours worked on timesheet for approval and payroll in a timely manner.
· Assist with emergency and evacuation procedures if requested.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Maintain confidentiality.
Skills and Requirements
· Food Handler Certification required (class provided); Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) certificate preferred.
· Must follow proper food-handling etiquette and direction regarding preparation, handling, storage and disposal of food.
· Must be able to stoop, lift, and carry objects not exceeding 25 pounds. Job requires long periods of walking and standing.
· Must be able to read and understand museum safety instructions and signage; must follow all museum regulations and instructions.
· Good personal grooming and professional etiquette required at all times.
· Must be responsible, reliable and available to work the schedule necessary to support museum events scheduled early mornings, during the day, in the evenings and on weekends.
· Excellent time management skills needed to perform duties according to deadlines and report to work timely when scheduled.
· Must take direction well, follow instructions, and work without supervision.
· High school diploma; college or trade school certification required.
· Prior VIP event experience preferred.
Other Job Requirements
· Satisfactory completion of post-offer drug screen, physical, and Food Handlers Certification required. The required uniform and radio will be provided. The Carter Museum campus is smoke-free.
To apply send cover letter, resume, and employment references to Human Resources, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107 fax (817) 665-4315, email firstname.lastname@example.org. EEOC.