The Amon Carter Museum of American Art seeks a Gallery Attendant on a part-time basis. A Gallery Attendant under the supervision of the Security Supervisors, insures the safety of the collection, building, and visitors; assist visitors and ensures they feel welcome in the museum; assist in emergency situations as assigned. Work closely with Visitor Services Representatives to provide visitors with a positive and memorable experience at the museum. This is an essential staff position.
· Welcome and assist visitors with a high level of customer service, providing a welcoming and friendly environment for the visitors to enjoy their museum experience.
· Observe museum visitors in all situations making sure that they do not touch or endanger works of art, paying particularly close attention during special events with large numbers of visitors present.
· Insure visitor compliance with security procedures in a manner that promotes a positive visitor experience.
· Provide visitors with brief information as needed, which may include information on directions, exhibitions, special events, and the cultural district; refer more in-depth questions to the Visitor Services Representative; furnish/reinforce museum rules regarding photography in the galleries.
· Regularly observe surroundings to detect damage to the museum structure or works of art. Report evidence of damage to Security Supervisor or Control Room Operator immediately.
· Be advised during roll call of special visitors or programs scheduled during your shift; advise your relief of this information.
· Assist with evacuation from galleries, rescue from elevators, and use of fire extinguishers as required.
· Provide security for other locations in the building or grounds; accompany outside vendors and contractors to behind-the-scenes locations and supervise them as they work. Assignments may occur on Mondays or outside regular museum hours.
· Maintain confidentiality; other duties as requested.
Skills and Requirements
· Ability to interact and approach visitors without hesitation.
· Ability to communicate professionally, courteously, and effectively with a wide range of visitors, volunteers, and staff.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to understand and follow chain of command.
· Must be available to work hours needed to support the security department.
· Must be able carry and operate a fifteen-pound fire extinguisher.
· Must be able to assist persons requiring a wheelchair.
· Must be able to hear normal conversation; prosthetic acceptable.
· Friendly, courteous, engaging presence with all museum visitors, including children, families, and adults of all ages and abilities.
· Friendly, courteous, engaging presents with museum staff.
· Must be responsible, reliable, and flexible; able to take initiative, exercise good judgment, and follow instructions.
· High school diploma or equivalent; college courses preferred.
· Proper conversational use of English language required (bilingual skills helpful); must be able to transmit clear messages via radio. Must be able to read and understand written security and safety material.
Other Job Requirements
· Must pass post-offer drug screen and background screen.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com, fax to 817-665-4315 or mail to Human Resources, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas 76107. No walk-ins. EEOC
The Amon Carter Museum of American Art seeks a Sales Associate to assist with selling merchandise including books, jewelry, accessories, kid’s items, and home décor while providing exceptional and professional customer service to Amon Carter Museum of American Art visitors.
· Utilizes customer service skills to enhance the visitor experience and meet the needs of visitors
· Engages visitors in conversation about Museum Store merchandise and museum programs, collections, and exhibits
· Promotes the museum and the Museum Store’s mission to visitors
· Operates retail computer programs
· Actively assists visitors with merchandise selection; utilizes a working knowledge of the books and merchandise for sale, as well as the location of stock items in the supply area.
· Builds and maintains customer relationships
· Accurately processes store sales
· Fulfills store, website, and phone orders
· Prepares daily deposits and sales reports
· Checks merchandise supply in store before each shift
· Completes restocking as necessary
· Keeps merchandise attractively displayed and maintains store areas neat and free of litter
· Prepares items for sale
· Prepares coffee and tea service
· Attends departmental meetings after-hours
· Participates positively in workshops and training opportunities
· Assists with counting and preparing store inventory
· Maintains confidentiality of all museum and proprietary information
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
· Ability to accurately operate a point of sale system and reconcile daily sales; make correct change
· Must satisfactorily complete all departmental training requirements
· Must be responsible and reliable; available to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and scheduled evenings as needed
· Must be able to move merchandise and stock shelving
· Must be able to perform warehouse duties as requested
· Must present a neat, professional appearance
· Must be able to lift 30 pounds
· Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, and/or walk for long periods of time
· Reliable, outgoing and friendly personality
· Must enjoy and be able to effectively deal with heavy public contact
· Ability to communicate clearly and congenially with customers and staff about museum store merchandise and programs
· Must be highly motivated and demonstrate initiative
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Must enjoy selling
· High school diploma; college preferred
· Proficient with MS Office and Outlook
· Proficient with retail computer programs
· Minimum 6 months of customer service and cash handling experience
Email letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to HR Manager, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107 or fax (817) 665-4315. EEOC. No walk-ins.