The Amon Carter Museum of American Art is seeking a part-time employee to join the team of Visitor Services Representatives who ensure that all museum visitors feel welcome, assist them with their needs, and provide information on museum services and programs and the Cultural District and Fort Worth. The Visitor Services Representatives report to the Visitor Services Manager and are often visitors’ first contact when they enter the museum, so this role is crucial to providing visitors with a positive, memorable experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Welcome patrons to the museum, demonstrating a friendly, courteous attitude toward all visitors. Offer exhibition and collection information.
Provide assistance on questions related to the museum, Cultural District, Fort Worth, and North Texas area. Know the answers to frequently asked questions and be able to find the answer to other queries when asked. Know information about various museum events, functions, and programs, including dates, times, audience, location, and museum contact.
Exhibit excellent customer service in handling all questions and comments. Maintain a log of issues and/or needs related to the museum and communicate them to the Visitor Services Manager or other appropriate staff member as soon as possible.
Serve as the museum’s ambassador for its programs and resources, such as exhibitions, membership opportunities, docent-guided tours and art carts, and Museum Store sales and specials.
Understand the building’s layout and accessibility, and help guide visitors to the easiest routes based on their needs. Help with visitor services, such as checking umbrellas, coats, and bags and providing wheelchairs. Assist Security with weather-related evacuation procedures when necessary.
Provide visitors with information about local services, such as transportation, hotels, museums, and restaurants; perform Internet research when needed to assist visitors; print directions and maps.
Maintain the assistive listening devices, ensuring they are charged and available, know how to operate them, and promote them to visitors. Report problems with devices as soon as possible to the Visitor Services Manager.
Help explain, interpret, and enforce museum policies.
Assist Visitor Services Manager with visitor studies projects.
Maintain the appearance of the Information Desk, and restock brochures at the desk and in the galleries.
Attend scheduled trainings on new exhibitions and programs, and increase knowledge about the Amon Carter’s collection, exhibitions, and history.
Maintain confidentiality regarding all sensitive museum information; other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma; college coursework and/or art background preferred.
• Friendly, courteous, engaging presence with all museum visitors, including children, families, and adults of all ages.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service whether in person, through written correspondence, or over the telephone.
• Outgoing personality willing to approach visitors without hesitation.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and listening skills for working with the public and museum staff.
• Ability to be prompt and dependable, behave in a mature, professional manner, and be able to use good judgment and initiative.
• Ability to inform visitors about museum polices in an educational, friendly, and non-antagonistic manner.
• Must present a neat, professional appearance.
• Ability to read and follow instructions exactly and work congenially with staff, patrons, and supervisors.
• Ability to use basic Internet and MS Word functions.
• Attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and in a team.
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed, which include weekends, evenings, and some holidays. Complete all training as required.
• Familiarity with Fort Worth, the Amon Carter, and the Cultural District preferred.
Competitive hourly pay rate; work schedule is approximately twenty hours per week (Tuesday through Sunday). Application Deadline:August 15, 2014, or until filled. Please submit letter describing your interest in the position and related skills and experience as they relate to the position, a résumé, and references to HR Manager, Amon Carter Museum of American Art, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107. Fax 817.665.4315 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org. (NO Walk-ins). EEOC.