With the entire Development and Communications team, the Social Media Coordinator will serve a key role in the execution of digital marketing initiatives. The three primary areas include content creation, customer service responses, and metrics collections and data analysis.
· Produce, implement, and continually refine social media content as a critical component of the Amon Carter’s overarching integrated communications function.
· Adhere to institutional brand identity with social media content. Edit content prior to posting to ensure consistent institutional voice.
· Independently and strategically align timing of social media with other content distribution (email marketing, website, Program magazine, advertising, and public relations).
· Determine and develop multimedia content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Snapchat, blogs, and other social media sites.
· Work closely with colleagues in other departments to develop content.
· Audit existing video materials and work with Publications Department to develop new content.
· Monitor and respond to user generated content and comments on social media.
· Sort and tag incoming user generated content via our content management platform.
· Develop measurement standards for the Amon Carter’s social media efforts and report on them regularly. Work with colleagues in PR/Marketing to refine strategy to improve metrics and audience reach.
· Execute best practice research on social media trends, emerging technologies, and measurement standards.
· Contribute to event coverage through live tweeting and digital engagement.
· Additional digital marketing execution as needed.
Skills and Requirements
· Writing and editing skills required.
· Marketing experience required.
· Social media experience required.
· Internship experience in non-profit and writing skills preferred.
· Video experience suggested.
· Excellent written communication and organizational skill; proficient in composition, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
· Knowledge of content marketing channels and highly adept with social media.
· Must pass required background and drug screens.
· Creative and collaborative.
· Analytical and problem-solver who takes initiative.
· Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in relationship building, direct marketing, program creation, special events, promotions, and publications.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently and self-manage time.
· Leader who works well independently or in a group.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or public relations preferred.
· If university student, 4th or 5th semester undergraduate student, preferred or graduate level student.
Other Job Requirements
· If university student, 1 full year commitment preferred.
· Maintain confidentiality of all museum information and records.
· Some evening/weekend work required.
· Some schedule flexibility due to nature of position.
· Minimum of 20 hours per week up to 29 hours per week.
· Must complete background screen and drug screen.
· Must have a smartphone or comparable digital technology to facilitate remote access to institutional accounts.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com, fax to 817-665-4315 or mail to Human Resources, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas 76107. No walk-ins. EEOC.