The Amon Carter Museum of American Art seeks qualified individuals to assist in providing a safe, secure environment for the museum’s collections, its members, visitors, volunteers and staff while maintaining the museum’s customer service standards. This position is a dual duty position; when not tasked with Loading Dock Attendant duties may be scheduled to work as a Gallery Attendant at the pay rate for the Gallery Attendant position. Must be proficient with MS Office and available to work a varied schedule (early mornings, evenings, and weekends); 15 to 25 hours per week. Satisfactory completion of drug and background screens required.
- Issue security access badges to staff and docents reporting for duty; issue visitor badges, receive special visitors as directed, and notify staff upon their visitor’s arrival.
- Greet and assist museum visitors who request to check bags or need to be issued a locker.
- Receive and disperse packages and deliveries.
- Assist with the loading dock handicap lift; open and close loading dock bay doors as needed.
- Monitor cameras/video of building and grounds.
- Perform assigned emergency procedures as instructed.
- Working with Special Events staff, assist caterers following established protocol.
- Issue property passes and sign out laptops to staff as necessary.
- Complete departmental absence and late arrival forms for staff as they call in; route forms to appropriate supervisor.
- Perform building checks for water leaks, sub-basement flooding, physical problems and safety hazards; report accordingly.
- Locking and unlock the interior building doors per shift requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality; other duties as requested.
• High school diploma; some college education preferred.
• Minimum of one year related security work experience required.
• Confidence in dealing with the general public required; must remain calm and respond as trained in emergency response situations.
• Must pass the required computer skills testing with a competency rating and be able to perform all computer-related job functions when hired.
• Must train for and attain a Level 2 non commission to meet Department of Public Safety and Private Security Bureau standard within two months of assuming the position.
• Ability to train and take direction constructively; must pass required Security training including C-Cure system, video monitors, security logs, operational form, Outlook, and routine loading dock duties.
• Must be able to perform all duties of Gallery Attendant position when needed.
• Must be willing and available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings, and some holidays as scheduled.
Note: The required uniform is provided
To apply, send letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to HR Manager, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107 or fax (817) 665-4315. EEOC. No walk-ins. The Carter Museum campus is smoke-free.