The Housekeeping staff clean and maintain the museum buildings, grounds, and vehicles to ensure a healthy and pleasant experience for visitors and to provide a safe, clean work environment for staff and the museum’s collections.
· Working under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor, clean assigned areas of the museum facility, grounds, central plant, and offsite warehouse facility. Cleaning duties include: sweeping, mopping, waxing, vacuuming, dusting, trash removal, break room cleanup, and washing windows. Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
· Operate vacuum cleaner, buffer, floor polisher, floor scrubber, and pressure washer safely, using prescribed methods and cleaning chemicals.
· Maintain the museum facility to ensure all areas are clean and free from slip, trip, and fall hazards; report maintenance needs to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
· Check email and work-order system for special cleaning assignments during each shift.
· Cleaning areas immediately that are soiled due to accidents, and assist with flooding hazards, oil or chemical spills, etc.
· Assist with evacuation and emergency procedures as needed.
· Operate dishwasher, load/unload; stock kitchen supplies.
· Weekend duties are required. In addition to routine cleaning, also perform weekend inventory audit and submit to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
· Maintain confidentiality of museum non-public information.
· Perform other duties as requested and as time permits.
Skills and Requirements
· Ability to work congenially with museum staff, visitors, volunteers, and vendors.
· Ability to move items up to 25 lbs.; mobility over large areas. Ability to climb and work from a step ladder.
· Operate power equipment including power washer, buffing machine, carpet cleaning machine, etc. according to established procedures and in a manner that ensures the safety of persons and objects.
· Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as necessary. Must be available for overtime work when necessary.
· Must be responsible and flexible; able to use good judgment.
· Ability to understand safety procedures; must exactly follow safety regulations, which include lock-out/tag-out procedure, hazard communication program, and bio-hazard procedures
· High school diploma or equivalent required trade school training a plus.
· Experience in building maintenance or janitorial work required.
· Must be able to write, understand, and to follow written and spoken English.
· Be proficient with computers, able to read and print email (MS Outlook) and work order system, complete and update inventory lists.
To apply send cover letter, resume, and employment references to Human Resources, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107 fax (817) 665-4315, email firstname.lastname@example.org. EEOC.