Under the supervision of the Security Supervisors, insure the safety of the collection, building, and visitors; assist visitors and ensure they feel welcome in the museum; assist in emergency situations as assigned. Work closely with Visitor Services Representatives to provide visitors with a positive and memorable experience at the museum.
1. Observe museum visitors in all situations making sure that they do not touch or endanger works of art, paying particularly close attention during special events with large numbers of visitors present.
2. Insure visitor compliance with security procedures in a manner that promotes a positive visitor experience.
3. Provide visitors with brief information as needed, which may include information on directions, exhibitions, special events, and the cultural district; refer more in-depth questions to the Visitor Services Representative; furnish/reinforce museum rules regarding photography in the galleries.
4. Regularly observe surroundings to detect damage to the museum structure or works of art. Report evidence of damage to Security Supervisor or Control Room Operator immediately.
5. Be advised during roll call of special visitors or programs scheduled during your shift; advise your relief of this information.
6. Assist with evacuation from galleries, rescue from elevators, and use of fire extinguishers as required.
7. Provide security for other locations in the building or grounds; accompany outside vendors and contractors to behind-the-scenes locations and supervise them as they work. Assignments may occur on Mondays or outside regular museum hours.
8. Maintain confidentiality; other duties as requested.
Supervision is received from the Security Supervisors; receive directions during each shift from the Control Room Operator on duty.
• High school diploma or equivalent; college courses preferred.
• Proper conversational use of English language required (bilingual skills helpful); must be able to transmit clear messages via radio. Must be able to read and understand written security and safety material.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be courteous and poised when dealing with visitors and staff.
• Must be responsible, reliable, and flexible; able to take initiative, exercise good judgment, and follow instructions.
• Must be able to understand and follow chain of command.
• Must be available to work hours needed to support the security department.
• Must pass post-offer drug screen and background screen.
• Must be able carry and operate a fifteen-pound fire extinguisher.
• Must be able to assist persons requiring a wheelchair.
• Must be able to hear normal conversation; prosthetic acceptable.
• Must be able to hold a heavy door open for minutes at a time and to climb stairs.
• Must present a neat, clean, and present a professional appearance.
Note: The required uniform and accessories are provided.
To apply send cover letter, resume, and employment references to HR Manager, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107 fax (817) 665-4315. EEOC.