The World of Eliot Porter
Answer the four questions below. Be thoughtful. Use the back of the page if you need more space to write.
1. What colors do you see that you expected? What colors did you not expect to see?
2. List the subjects Eliot Porter photographed in this location (people, animals, plants, land, buildings, etc.).
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________
3. What is the climate of this area (weather and temperature)?
4. If you stepped into one of these pictures, what would you feel, see, hear, and smell? (Explain why beside each sense you list.)
NAME OF PICTURE: ____________________________________________________
Choose another location, but before you click on it answer the following questions:
Location #2 ________________________________________________
What subjects do you expect to see in this location? ______________________________
What colors do you expect to see the most? ____________________________
What type of climate might it have? ____________________________
Click on the next location and answer the following three questions:
1. What colors do you see that you did not expect?
2. If you stepped into this picture, what would the climate be like? How would it feel, smell, etc.?
3. Note whether there are plants and animals and what kind. What do they tell you about the climate of the area?
Compare and contrast both locations you visitedÖ
In the spaces below, record the similarities and differences you see.
By looking at photographs of the two locations you chose, what subjects
did Porter choose to focus on?
What did you find out about these locations that you did not know before?